We are currently seeking a Graphic Artists/Designers that is extremely familiar with the fundamentals of the industry and Adobe Creative Suite. This Instructor must be responsible for teaching high school students how to properly create and develop the skills to successfully execute his/her own marketing campaign. This position also requires organization, so the Instructor must stay on tasks and have a plan on how s/he executes our curriculum. You must be honest, responsible, dependable, and professional at all times.
This position is ideal for EXPERIENCED creative industry professionals that wish to take their skills to lead the next generation of designers/artists. Additionally, you’ll have to work within our creative team with content development, marketing, social media, graphic design, video production or other comparable creative fields of services.
Must work minimum of 20-hours per week.
Must be available from 7am to 3pm
Must have 2 or more years of experience in Graphic Design
Be authorized to work in the United States
Must have reliable transportation to St. James Parish
Background check required
Experience working with kids/preteens a plus
Expected Areas of Competence
Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to work with cross-functional/multi-disciplined teams including Creative Services, Adult Services, Youth Services, and Projects & Initiatives.
Excellent organizational skills and the ability to deal independently with many projects at one time and prioritize accordingly.
Proficient with MS Office (Publisher, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite.
Flexibility to work across multiple offices in multiple states.
- 90 Minute Class Time (Avg. 75 minutes of Instruction/Work Time, 15 minutes Start/End of Class Procedures)
- 30 minutes before class for preparation for the day
- 30 minutes after class for end of class duties (clean up, paper work, preparation for tomorrow, etc.)
- Must be able to deal with situations with students effectively and calmly (disruptions, arguments, fighting, etc.)
- Interact and instruct students from different backgrounds, attitudes, and special needs.
- During projects must effectively provide input and help to multiple students over the course of the class
- Interact with School Personnel such as Principals, Administrators, and other teachers
- Utilize required school programs and systems for grading, attendance, and discipline
- Effectively grade and evaluate each individual student on their own performance, growth, and abilities
- Grading times can range from 30 minutes to 2 hours depending on assignment and projects
- Be Open to Off-Topic Conversations at proper times for discussion and building a rapport with students (ex. Politics, Current Events, Life)
- Utilize Google Classroom Suite and Email to communicate with students
- You may have to interact with parents of students via phone or in person”
- “Must have a Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 2-years of experience creating various media between the ranges of social media, advertisement, internet graphics, articles, etc…
- MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE IN PROJECT MANAGING / COORDINATING!
- Design experience with both multimedia and print is desired, but not required
- **Must attach or send link of a portfolio of graphic design, production, samples and any creative work you have previously completed.