perXuade, a division of the XP Synergy Companies, is currently seeking a Web/Coding Developer with professional and/or academic experience, or the desire to expand within the space of inspiring the future generation of creatives. You will be responsible for teaching middle/high students the provided Apple Swift focused curriculum, with the end of semester capstone project of developing a functioning game or app. As this is a full-time position, you will be expected to dedicate roughly half of your workday toward classroom instruction and related duties for the school system we are contracted to work within, and the remaining portion of your workday will be dedicated toward managing and deploying internal Web/Coding projects for the XP Synergy Companies.
Instruction Duties: This position requires organization, so you must stay on task and have a plan on how to execute each lesson. This position is ideal for EXPERIENCED creative industry professionals that wish to take their skills to lead the next generation of developers.
Web Coding Duties: experience for coding, web development, web services, is mandatory so you can manage the various websites we manage; not just working from templates and WP dashboard.
perXuade is a marketing and communications agency, Project CREATE being our educational department. We proudly serve St James Parish School System, empowering their students to pursue careers in creative digital media arts. On top of teaching students, we take a role in supporting the school in print, video, and coding related projects. Allowing us to be valuable partners by finding ways to maximize us their resource.
We have internal and external clients, producing creative services ranging from Website Development, Graphic Design, Video Production, Content Development, Public Relations, Photography, Outreach, Traditional Marketing, and Social Media Marketing. Within our agency, your non-education role will focus on coding work for our internal clients.
- Must be available from 9am to 11am (does not include drive time to school or office)
- Must have 2 or more years of experience in Web/Coding Development
- Be authorized to work in the United States. Background check required.
- Must have reliable transportation to Lutcher High School (Lutcher, LA – St. James Parish)
- Experience teaching or working with students in middle/high school is a plus
- Effective management of multiple, concurrent projects against aggressive timelines without compromising accuracy or quality
- Great interpersonal skills and a do-whatever-it-takes attitude and general spirit of teamwork
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Coding, art, design, or a related discipline
- 3-plus years of coding, programming, developing, art, design, or related experience
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Lightroom)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and One Drive (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Teams)
- Adobe Certification is a plus
- Fulltime – $47K to $50K per year
- Salaried position as our Web/Coding Instruction & Website Specialist
- Must work minimum 40 hours per week (does not include drive time)
- Includes company paid benefits, PTO, VAC, Sick Days, Paid Holidays
- Part-time – $24 to $27 per hour
- Hourly work exclusive to fulfillment of school instruction
- Must work 24 to 30 hours per week (does not include drive time)
- Includes PTO, Sick Days, Paid Holidays
- Contractor – $2,000 per month
- Contract for 2022-2023 school year, with option to renew
- Contract fulfillment exclusive to all aspect of school instruction
GENERAL EVERYDAY EXPECTATIONS
- ½ Day Focused Classroom Prep and Instruction Duties
- 90 minutes Class Time (Avg. 75 minutes of Instruction/Work Time, 15 minutes Start/End of Class Procedures)
- 30 minutes before class for preparation for the day
- 30 minutes after class for end of class duties (clean up, paperwork, preparation for tomorrow, etc.)
- 90 minutes planning, grading, assigning homework (in company office)
- Must be able to deal with situations with students effectively and calmly (disruptions, arguments, etc.)
- Interact and instruct students from different backgrounds, attitudes, and special needs.
- During projects must effectively provide input and help to multiple students over the course of the class
- Interact and work with School Personnel such as Principals, Administrators, and other teachers
- Guide and support students on execution and delivery of any coding projects requested by SJPS (school app development)
- Utilize required school programs and systems for grading, attendance, and discipline
- Effectively grade and evaluate each individual student on their own performance, growth, and abilities by required deadlines (progress reports)
- Be Open to Off-Topic Conversations at proper times for discussion and building a rapport with students
- Utilize Google Classroom Suite and Email to distribute assignments and communicate with students
- Interact with parents of students via phone, email or in person in a professional manner
- ½ Day focused on Website Related Projects
- Updating and maintaining internal XP Synergy WordPress websites
- Companywide email blasts (MailChimp)
- Attend kickoff, internal reviews and status meetings to ensure our project management tool is updated with your assignments, project status, schedule updates and time entries.