Project CREATE is currently seeking a Web Developer with academic experience, or desire to expand within the space of inspiring the future generation of creatives. You will be responsible for teaching high students the provided Apple SWIFT curriculum, leading them to aspire into becoming future developers. This position also requires organization, so you must stay on tasks and have a plan on how s/he wants to execute each lesson. This position is ideal for EXPERIENCED creative industry professionals that wish to take their skills to lead the next generation of developers.
As this is a full-time position, you will be asked to manage and deploy future projects when you’re not performing your teaching duties. Highly experienced in coding, web development, server applications, hosting, is mandatory so you can manage the various websites we manage; not just working from templates and WP dashboard. We are comprised of two creative agencies (PerXuade and Project CREATE). PerXuade produces creative services ranging from Website Development, Graphic Design, Video Production, Content Development, Public Relations, Photography, Outreach, Traditional Marketing, and Social Media Marketing. Our clients range from government entities, large and mid-size companies, small businesses and nonprofit organizations. We also have several internal projects and programs in our other divisions that we provide creative services on a regular basis.
• Must work minimum of 40-hours per week.
• Must be available from 7am to 3pm
• Must have 1 or more years of experience in Graphic Design
• Be authorized to work in the United States
• Must have reliable transportation to Lutcher High School
• Background check required
• Experience working with kids/preteens a plus
- 90 Minute Class Time (Avg. 75 minutes of Instruction/Work Time, 15 minutes Start/End of Class Procedures)
- 30 minutes before class for preparation for the day
- 30 minutes after class for end of class duties (clean up, paper work, preparation for tomorrow, etc.)
- Must be able to deal with situations with students effectively and calmly (disruptions, arguments, fighting, etc.)
- Interact and instruct students from different backgrounds, attitudes, and special needs.
- During projects must effectively provide input and help to multiple students over the course of the class
- Interact with School Personnel such as Principals, Administrators, and other teachers
- Utilize required school programs and systems for grading, attendance, and discipline
- Effectively grade and evaluate each individual student on their own performance, growth, and abilities
- Grading times can range from 30 minutes to 2 hours depending on assignment and projects
- Be Open to Off-Topic Conversations at proper times for discussion and building a rapport with students (ex. Politics, Current Events, Life)
- Utilize Google Classroom Suite and Email to communicate with students
- You may have to interact with parents of students via phone or in person
MUST HAVE PORTFOLIO!! (No applications will be considered without previous work samples).
Must have a Bachelor’s Degree
Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver)
Knowledge of WordPress including creating themes from scratch.
PHP, HTML5, CSS, and WordPress a must
Proficient with MS Office 365 (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
Knowledge of Apple SWIFT, SEO & SEM a plus
LSU STEM BESE-approved certification also a plus
PHP, Java, WordPress a must. C#, Python, Unreal, Unity, or any gaming engine is a plus.