Congratulations on taking the first step to
securing your spot in our Summer Internship!
We’re reviewing all applications to determine who’s going to be within the ranks. Project CREATE staff will contact parents to confirm your interest and availability to participate. Remember, you WILL be responsible for attending everyday!
STEP 1: Video Audition Submission
This is paid internship, so we have a LIMITED number of COMPETITIVE slots for us to SELECT at each location. Applying does not guarantee selection! So, put together your best 1-minute video and tell us two things:
- How do you feel Opportunity Now will help you reach your goals and dreams in life?
- Why should you be selected to participate in the Project CREATE internship?
- You are to be recorded with the camera being held horizontally (widescreen)
- Students are encouraged to be as creative as they want to be
- We ask that you speak loud, clear, and with confidence
- Dress Appropriately and Treat this as a Job Interview
- No cursing or inappropriate language, music or images
- Introduce yourself and include Name, School, Grade, # Years as an Opportunity Now student
- Most importantly, have fun! Don’t feel rushed if you run longer.
STEP 2: Once your video is ready, upload your video to us.
Click the button below to submit to your specific region. Ask your Instructor should you need help.
STEP 3: Interviews
Project CREATE staff will conduct virtual interviews from April 11 – 22, while student candidates are in class. Those selected for the internship will receive an email in-class, and/or notifications by phone as we verify our final rosters.
STEP 4: Paperwork
Students will download and fill out our Orientation Packet, with the assistance of Opportunity Now Instructors or parents. Once completed, it is to be returned to an Opportunity Now instructor so that it can be scanned and emailed to email@example.com before May 6, 2022.
STEP 5: Onboarding
Project Create cohort dates are Monday–Thursday and take place both in Louisiana (June 6th–16th) and Texas (June 20th–30th). The final day of both cohorts will include a wrap-up presentation of the final projects at a specified time for school officials and/or parents to attend. We look forward to seeing and working with you soon!